Bambi

Jan 28, 2020
General info

Username: Bambi
Discord including tag: Bambi#3115
gameME: http://stats.wonder.tf/playerinfo/28258
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:72823153
Voice Recording: https://vocaroo.com/jrdf0qQOtCJ
Timezone & Online Times: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5/USA) If I'm being honest I can't give exact online times due to my current schedule. However, I can dedicate at least 30 minutes per day on the server without a doubt.

Questions

Why am I applying?:
I've been on the server for a little bit now, and every time I've gotten on people are freekilling, micspamming, or generally breaking and not following the rules set in place. I've also noticed more times than not an admin is not present for any of this, so a lot of the rule breaking goes on without getting punished for. This has now led me to believe the current admins could use an extra hand in taking care of the server, so I decided to apply here.

Do I have any experience in administrating?: Short answer is yes. I have been a jailbreak and hightower admin for Fortress of Gamers starting in Jan 2018 till its closing in late Oct 2018. I also was and still am a jailbreak and freak fortress 2 admin for the Panda Community from Dec2018-Apr2019 and now Aug2019-present. Both communities used sourcemod, sourcebans, and gameme. I am very familiar with all the commands like /teamban_status or a simple one like /teamban <playername> <time> <reason>

Since I have previous experience, where could you confirm this?: For the Panda Community, just check out my applications 1 and 2. For the Fortress of Gamers, it's a little bit more tricky. After the community was shutdown, all applications and member introductions were hidden by the owner n0name for privacy reasons. Only he and I can view the applications I made there. You can try contacting the owner for proof of my time as admin. I can also try and verify these claims with screen share if you contact me.

Why you should choose me over all other applicants?: Like stated before, I have previous experience in administering very populated servers. Otherwise, you should choose me because despite my short time of being here and lack of overall playtime, I've shown I care about the server and its player base with my reports, how to’s, and advice given in game or in discord to other players. Another reason you should choose me is because I'm not afraid to step in a dirty and or chaotic situation.

What personality traits do I possess?: I'm a very calm person. I never rage or lose my cool, and I'm able to remain so under stressful conditions. I'm also a friendly person. If someone is breaking rules, ill politely explain what they are doing wrong and to stop, rather then panic and instantly call for an admin. And lastly I'm a very bold person. If someone is continuously breaking rules despite warnings, I won't be afraid to finally step in and hand out a punishment.

How will I improve the community?: with the activity I can dedicate, Ill most certainly help make the server a cleaner and friendlier place for people old or new to play on. Outside of the obvious, I'll help give feedback on any suggestions given by players or admins alike and help players with any issues they have outside the server in discord or on the forums.

How have I helped the community up until now?: I've tried helping this community starting with helping answer questions players have about rules either on discord or most of the time in game. I learned that a lot of players didn't know how to record demos so they could catch rule breakers, so I created this thread showing how to so to try and help them. I've also reported players in game using the /calladmin feature and did a few reports here on the forums.

Can I work under somebody who is younger than me?: Of course, If the people I'm working under are as mature and capable as me, then I don't see any issue with age being a problem.

Have I applied for any communities in the past month?: no

Last edited:

Rotary

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2020
I'll be voting -1, I have never seen you on the servers but that's probably just because you're in the US, your playtime on the servers is low, you barely have any messages on the discord, application is "distasteful", haven't seen you do anything special.

Bambi

Jan 28, 2020
I'll be voting -1, I have never seen you on the servers but that's probably just because you're in the US, your playtime on the servers is low, you barely have any messages on the discord, application is "distasteful", haven't seen you do anything special.
Hey rotary. Thanks for the feedback. Because of my time zone you will catch me more times then not at later hours definitely. as far as my low playtime goes, you definitely have a point. However, I believe I've proven despite the low playtime I know all of the rules, and I will continue getting more and more overtime. I don't post often in discord because I don't use that platform very much, I prefer connecting and chatting with others on the server itself.

May I ask what makes my application "distasteful"? I spent a long time trying to make it readable and well formatted. Did I miss something? Also could you explain how I haven't done anything special? Do I need to something more special then reporting players for example? Even if I cant fix it now, in the future I'd like to know what's wrong so I wont make the same mistake again. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Rotary

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for asking for feedback, You could've for example formatted the application better and highlighted key points, other than that when you ask if I could explain how you haven't done anything special, when people apply for staff we are more interested about people who stand out, in of course a positive way, I haven't seen much from you definitely not on the servers, but we look at people who are "out of the ordinary". I haven't seen you report any players for misconduct but that's probably because I mostly pay attention to the reported person and the reason.

Hope you understand.

Reactions: Bambi

Bony fxncy

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2020
Boneland
- -1 -
I believe my colleague explained enough feedback so i'd rather keep this fairly simple.

- Fxncy

Bald

QuirkyJackal
Staff member
Jan 17, 2020
Italy, Milan

I never saw you in Discord and on the servers and the feedback can tell everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.